Thursday, April 17, 2014

Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream Review

I picked up the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream in Superdrug with very little hope for it working out for me as I really don't dig the whole BB cream CC cream every-letter-of-the-alphabet cream thing. But after using it for the last couple of weeks I have to say I'm quite impressed by this little guy.

Here's some info:
  • £9.99
  • 3 colour-correcting pigments
  • 24-hour hydration
  • SPF 15
  • Oil-free formula 
  • Available in 4 shades

So first of all a CC cream is a Colour Correcting cream meaning it has different colours pigments in to cancel out pigments in your skin. There's Apricot for anti-fatigue. Apricots and peachy colours cancel out blues and purples so that's great if you have darkness under the eyes. There's Green for anti-redness. This will help cover up the redness of spots and any hormonal redness you might get. And there's White for anti-dark spots, so this helps to even out the skin tone. 

Here's an unedited photo. (I brightened the photo but didn't alter colours etc.) I'm wearing a ton of other products but you can see that it did indeed cancel out any other colours and gave me a nice, flat colour to work on top of. You can see the product in action here.

Coverage wise I was very impressed. Although, I don't get spots very often so I can't say how it applies over the top of texture. The finish is relatively dewy like most products like this so you can either mattify it with a powder or just leave it how it is. My skin type is combination, my T-zone greases up within an hour of putting makeup on but I didn't have much problem with the product moving. I carry around a powder puff with me to blot away any shine and keep that product in place. 


The only thing I think sucks is the limited number of shades. (I bought Light Beige.) It doesn't affect me personally but since I've been doing more drugstore shopping recently I've noticed that there aren't many products for darker skin. 

Overall, I bloody love this product. I've tried numerous creams and balms in the past and this is by far the most impressive one. I needed something a bit more natural looking for summer time so I can wear lighter makeup looks and I think I've found the perfect product for that.

Have you tried this product? What do you think? :)