Friday, June 27, 2014

Barry M Loud Mouth Extreme Lip Colour


Well, well, well... Look who bought some more lip products she doesn't need! Every time I go to Superdrug I end up buying something new and this time it was a selection of the new Barry M Loud Mouth Extreme Lip Colours.

Here's some info:
  • 7 shades
  • £3.99 

Formula wise I expected something like the Sleek Pout Paints or the OCC Lip Tars but these Loud Mouths have more of a glossy finish to them. Especially the darker shades.

Chatterbox / Tell Tale / Tease / Diva


Like the Pout Paints and Lip Tars, a little goes a hell of a long way so make sure you only apply a tiny amount. And although the tubes have a plastic lip gloss applicator, I do recommend using a brush for a more precise application since the colours can be quite intense. You can't really get away with messy edges like you can with more sheer products.



You can definitely wear these by themselves as intended, but another way I've been wearing them is over the top of similar coloured lipsticks. The darker colours don't really need it, but the lighter shades really benefit from a base underneath. As you will see below, the lighter shades (the ones I've tried anyway) don't have quite the punch that the darker ones have.

Chatterbox
Tell Tale
Tease
Diva
Overall, I think these are pretty good! They're nicely pigmented and have good staying power. They fade over a couple of hours instead of ending up looking patchy, which is something I always appreciate in a lip product. Oh. And did I mention they smell DIVINE?! Will you be trying these? :)

Here you can see a full look featuring Diva »
(And here's the tutorial if you're interested!)

Tips »
Use a brush
Don't apply over top of a balm
Shake tube well before use
Don't apply too much

Buy here!