Saturday, June 07, 2014

Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette


I had no idea this palette was even in production, let alone that I'd be getting one. So when this little guy arrived in the mail last week I was excited to say the least. I already have the first Revealed palette and I think it's a palette everyone should own, so it's not surprising that I'm head over heels for this palette too.

Here's some info:
  • TWENTY shades
  • Mattes & shimmers
  • $19.95 

It's no secret that the first Revealed palette is a popular dupe for Urban Decay's Naked and Naked 2 palettes and it turns out this one's a pretty handy dupe too. Some of the shades are very comparable to the shades in the Naked 3 palette, but with a few extras thrown in there for good measure.

Packaging is a sleek and simple cardboard design

The formula and texture obviously varies from finish to finish but the pigmentation stays consistent throughout. Most of the shadows feel velvety and smooth and therefore are easy to work with and blend. The only ones that are a little bit difficult are the chunky glittery shades (and there are only two of them, so no biggie). 

Some of the shimmery shades have a very frosty finish to them. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but just be mindful of what shades you're using together. Don't use shades that are too similar or you'll just end up with a big frosty mess instead of a beautiful gradient of colours.



You definitely need a good base when wearing these eyeshadows because they don't last an incredibly long time on the lid. I mention this in every review I write but I can't get more than 4 to 5 hours of wear out of eyeshadow before it starts creasing on my eyes. But with these ones I noticed them creasing after around the 3 to 4 hour mark. Still not a bad amount of wear time for me, but they didn't reach my max. 

Overall I think this is a really great palette with a huge range of colours. You can create the most neutral and soft of eyes to the darkest and smokiest and everything in between with the shades available to you. Also, if you change up your makeup from season to season, the top row screams 'summer' and the bottom row screams 'fall' to me, so it's a palette you would get use out of all year round. 

Buy here!

The products in this post were provided by the brand for possible review/use. All opinions are my own. For more information please read my Disclosure Policy