Monday, June 09, 2014

Nail Art Foil


Something you might not know about me is I am obsessed with nails. I love me some pretty nails but I also really struggle to keep them that way for more than five minutes. By the time I get round to thinking, 'Oh! I should blog about these!', they're already chipped and ready for the next paint job. So from now on I'm going to make an effort to take some photos and share them with you before their inevitable demise.




For this effect I used one coat of Barry M's Gelly Effects Nail Paint in the shade Green Berry, I allowed that to dry then pulled apart a foil sheet from BornPrettyStore, placed the flecks of foil on my nail in the desired position (it kind of just... sticks), and finished off with a Barry M top coat. Ta-da!



The foil takes a bit of getting used to as it literally feels weightless and seems to stick to everything it touches, but the way I found that worked for me was to pull the sheet apart with some tweezers, place the little flecks on my nail and press down with my finger. It took me about a hour to do from start to finish, but it was totally worth it because now my nails look like cute little speckled-y eggs!


Products »
Barry M Nail Paint (Green Berry)
Nail Art Foil Sheets - BornPrettyStore
Barry M All in One Nail Paint

What's on your nails this week? :)