Saturday, August 16, 2014

MAC Haul


Every now and then I get sent care packages by companies or I treat myself to a bunch of products but I never really know if I should haul them on my channel, or on my blog, or whether I should review each product separately or whether I should review them all together... The struggle is real. SO. Today I'm trying the haul on the blog thing. I was sent a care package by MAC agessss ago and I still haven't shown my appreciation for it. So here we go!

MAC Matte Lipsticks: Kinda Sexy / Flat Out Fabulous / Ruby Woo / Candy Yum Yum

As you all know, MAC lipsticks are my favourites, especially the matte ones. Kinda Sexy and Candy Yum Yum are the easiest to work with because although they're matte they are somewhat creamy in texture so they glide on. Whereas Flat Out Fabulous and Ruby Woo have a very dry feel to them which makes them a little bit more difficult to work with. Ruby Woo I also found to be a little bit patchy and I have to wear a base of lip liner underneath.

MAC Pro Longwear Lip Liner Pencil: High Energy

Speaking of lip liner, this is the first lip liner I've ever used from MAC. It's from their Pro Longwear range and I have to agree - you can wear this for such a long time. I recently tried some other long wearing/waterproof lip liners and they cracked when they dried so I was expecting the same kind of thing from this one, but that wasn't the case! It prevents lipstick from bleeding outside the lip line and lasts throughout drinking and eating.

MAC Pressed Pigments: Midnight / Black Grape / Day Gleam

Next up we have the Pressed Pigments. I used Black Grape in one of my videos (watch here) and it's absolutely stunning. I still haven't got round to using the other colours yet although that midnight blue is definitely calling my name!

(Without a base) MAC Pressed Pigments: Day Gleam / Black Grape / Midnight
(With a base - Illamasqua Sealing Gel) MAC Pressed Pigments: Day Gleam / Black Grape / Midnight

As you can see, these are a piece of poop without a base so I recommend using something like the Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue or the Illamasqua Sealing Gel to get the best colour payoff and longevity.

MAC In Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash

See this product in action here.

MAC Paint Pot: Perky

See this product in action here.

And there you have it! My first on-blog haul!


The products in this post were provided by the brand for possible review/use. All opinions are my own. For more information please read my Disclosure Policy.