Thursday, September 18, 2014

Cabin in the Woods | Fornicus

Today's look is a character look I've been dying to do for ages now. Years, even! Ever since Cabin in the Woods came out back in 2012 and I saw my homeboy Fornicus, I knew I had to do a tutorial. 



I've actually tried this look a couple of times before. The first time the circle blades I made were too heavy and wouldn't stay in place (I used CDs) and the second time I made the skin way too pale. This time, I am so pleased with the outcome! There are definitely things I would do differently next time like create my own bald cap so the edges are thinner and therefore easier to blend in with the skin. And I would definitely use a powder foundation on the eyebrows so I could hide that god damn green concealer better! Although there are some errors, I still wanted to share the video with you to point out where I went wrong so you can learn from my mistakes so you don't have to make them yourself.

Here are the stencils. They're super rough because they're outlined from the hack job I made of my blades... Pro tip: Don't use massive kitchen scissors, hahaha.
Right click - Print - Select 'Fit to page' - Print on A4 card