Tuesday, October 07, 2014

LAQA & Co. Nail Polish Pens

A couple of weeks ago, I ordered some lipsticks from the Beauty B Cosmetics site and when they arrived I was surprised to see these two lil guys in my package too! Pleasantly surprised might I add. Who doesn't love unexpected free stuff?

So the idea is you pump the product into the centre of the bristles by pressing the button on the bottom and then you apply to your nail. It's as simple as that.

I didn't know if I'd like this product because I've never worked with anything like this before. My main concerns were how evenly the product would apply and whether the bristles would end up hard and difficult to work with because of product build up. Neither of those things were a problem. The product went on smoothly and evenly, and the polish can easily be removed from the bristles with some nail polish remover. Although, just this morning I used it again without cleaning off the remaining product and the bristles weren't hard or anything!


The thing I really like about these products is their packaging. After looking into the brand I found that each product has a different piece of artwork on the packaging and they all belong to a different artist. I generally don't like when brands change the packaging from product to product, I think inconsistency usually looks very unprofessional, but there's just something about these that I really do like. The design is different from product to product but the shape of the packaging is consistent throughout and I believe they're all from the same brand and haven't just been lumped together at a jumble sale. I love it. Also, the artists get a cut of the profit made from each product which is awesome!

BMX Bandit / Birthday Suit

I really would like to try out more of these nail polish pens. They're a good little idea and seem really practical. You can use them on the go and not run the risk of accidentally knocking over the bottle like you can with traditional nail polishes. (At least I know this has happened to me one too many times on train journeys!) They have some stunning colours and I'm definitely going to pick up some more the next time I have some spare pennies. What do you think? :)

You can buy these at: LAQA & Co.
And this is where mine came from: Beauty B Cosmetics.