Thursday, October 16, 2014

Makeup of the Month | September


It's Makeup of the Month time! I almost stopped writing these posts because I was worried they had been the same for far too long but I've finally thrown a few more new products into the mix and freshened things up around here!


Since I've been expressing my creativity through my character looks recently, I haven't felt the need to do so in my regular makeup. Not that I have to choose between one or the other, I've just been way more excited about character makeup and sfx recently so glamour makeup has taken the back seat for a while.

Face »
I still haven't ordered myself some more Estée Lauder Double Wear because I just keep forgetting to, so I've just been wearing my Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream instead. If you're interested in seeing my base routine including this product then I do feature it in this tutorial!


Eyes »
Sigma recently brought out a new eyeshadow palette so I've been trying out some of the new shades this month. There are plenty more interesting shades in the palette and I've been wearing the toasty red-brown colours a lot this month too so it was difficult to decide which look I've been wearing the most. I settled on the greys since it was the look I was wearing on the day I decided to take these photos for this post. The red-brown look I'm talking about (worn in this video) will definitely be part of my autumn/fall videos next month so keep an eye out for that!

1995 Gerard Cosmetics

Lips »
Now I know you're dying to know what's on my lips because I mean, come on now... Just look at that colour! [insert love heart eyes emoji here] This is the fabulous Jaclyn Hill's lipstick, 1995, by Gerard Cosmetics. The colour is supposed to be inspired by the popular Kylie Jenner lip she's been rocking recently. I for one am very bored of seeing the same Kylie looks pop up everywhere now but I'm definitely glad there are now an abundance of 90s nude-brown lip colours showing up because I do love this kind of shade.
(Remember you can use the code EMMA at the checkout of the Gerard Cosmetics and Whitening Lightning websites for 20% and free shipping!)


The run down »
Benefit the POREfessional Pro Balm + L'Oreal Lumi Magique Primer
Make Up Store Cover All Mix Concealer (Light)
Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream (Light Beige)
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer (NC15)
MUA Bronzer (Shade 3) + Urban Decay Eyeshadow (Naked 2)
Sigma Crème de Couture Blush (Cherry Apple)
theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer
NYC Translucent Powder
Sigma Brow Powder Duo (Medium) + Benefit Gimmie Brow (Medium/Dark)
Avon Eyeshadow Primer (Light Beige)
Sigma Brilliant & Spellbinding Eyeshadow Palette (Balmy / IG2 / 10)
Rimmel Black Eye Liner Pencil
Bourjois Volume Clubbing Mascara
Red Cherry #48 Lashes + DUO Lash Adhesive (Dark) 
Gerard Cosmetics Lipstick (1995)