Sunday, November 23, 2014

Makeup of the Month | October


During October I spent most of my time in a creative rut (as most of you well know - ahem, lack of content), so my makeup was stripped right down to the bare minimum because in all honesty, I just couldn't be bothered. All about the honesty here!

Although my creative juices are flowing again and I'm back to experimenting with makeup, this basic look isn't going anywhere. This look has become a personal favourite of mine as it's very easy to just throw on if I only have five or ten minutes to get ready.


Face »
I feel like I actually use a lot of products on my face considering how simple this makeup looks, but they're all really easy to apply. I start by squirting a small amount of Benefit thePOREfessional Primer, L'Oreal Lumi Magique Illuminating Primer and Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream onto my finger (all together only amounting to a pea size), then I smush them all together and then I apply all over my face! It's a very natural finish and I really like how it looks.

I'll use a tiny bit of concealer in the inner corner area right by the sides of my nose then set that with a little bit of translucent powder. I'm not big on concealing spots because I don't care about them, but dark circles I'm not a fan of.

I use a cream stick blush (Tea Rose by NYX) to add some colour into my cheeks. Using a cream product helps to keep my skin looking fresh and slightly dewy looking.


Eyes »
The eyes are very simple. All I use is my bronzer shade through the socket, some mascara, and if my eyes are looking especially tired and red that day I'll also use a cream colour along the waterline to brighten up my eyes. My favourite at the moment is the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof liner in 005 Nude which was sent to me by a lovely subscriber! <3

Brows »
All I use on the brows is a bit of Sigma Brow Powder and then I run over them with the Benefit Gimmie Brow.


Lips »
I have a few products I like to alternate between when it comes to a lip for basic makeup. My top pick is the Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me (although I think I left this in a hotel in Brighton the other week), next is the Burt's Bee's Tinted Lip Balm in Black Dahlia and finally Dr Pepper Lip Balm, believe it or not! I enjoy anything that has a slight hint of colour and gives the lips and nice hydrated look.

The run down »
Benefit thePOREfessional Primer
L'Oreal Lumi Magique Illuminating Primer
Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream (Light Beige)
NYX Cream Blush Stick (Tea Rose)
Make Up Store Concealer Trio (Light)
NYC Translucent Powder
MUA Pressed Powder (Shade 4) - As a bronzer/eyeshadow
Eyeko Black Magic Mascara
Rimmel Brow Pencil (Black Brown) + Benefit Gimmie Brow (Medium/Deep)
Burt's Bee's Tinted Lip Balm (Black Dahlia)

Shop this post »


That's it! It takes me about five minutes to do and zero time to maintain throughout the day.