Friday, December 12, 2014

Makeup of the Month | November


November was all about the rusty eyeshadows and wine coloured lipsticks for me. I don't think I've uploaded a photo where I haven't been sporting a bold lip this entire month!



Face »
Ohhh whatup new foundation?! Not really. I've been using this foundation for a while now (tarte Amazonian Clay - review here) but I really feel like I've settled into a routine with this foundation now and I'm very happy I decided to bust out of my comfort zone and try something new. In these colder months, the slight bit of hydration the foundation provides is making a huge difference; my skin doesn't feel as dried out when I remove my foundation at the end of the day anymore.


Eyes »
Rust. RUST EVERYWHERE. The palette I've been using most this month is Sigma's Brilliant & Spellbinding palette. I thought this was one of my least favourite Sigma palettes (the pigmentation is a little off in some shades) but considering it's the only palette on my vanity, aside from my Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette, it's actually turning into one of my favourites. Weird, huh?
Tutorial coming next week!

Shien Cosmetics (Viper's Kiss) / MAC (Diva) / Gerard Cosmetics (Cherry Cordial)

Lips »
I've been wearing a few lipsticks this month but they're all basically the same colour. They're all deep wine shades and absolutely beautiful. (In the makeup shots I'm wearing Diva by MAC.)

The run down »
Benefit thePOREfessional Primer
tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation (Light Sand)
Make Up Store Concealer Trio (Light)
Sigma Blush (Cherry Apple)
MUA Pressed Powder (Shade 4) - Bronzer shade
Urban Decay Eyeshadow (Naked 2) - Contour shade
NYC Translucent Powder
Avon Eye Primer
Sigma Brilliant & Spellbinding Eyeshadow Palette (Balmy / Radiant / Fey / Bloom)
Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner
Eyeko Black Magic Mascara
xoBeauty False Lashes (The Romantic)
Sigma Brow Powder Duo (Medium) + Benefit Gimmie Brow (Medium/Deep)
MAC Lipstick (Diva)