Saturday, February 28, 2015

Current Favourites & Update


Hello strangers! It feels like a lifetime since I've posted anything on here! Today's video will give you a little insight into what's been going on in my life and a look at some items I've been loving recently.



I'd like to explain a bit more in detail about why I haven't been able to film throughout January because I feel like I owe you a full explanation instead of just quick points. I avoided writing about it while we still lived in the old flat and I wasn't making any videos because I was so worried I'd just sound like I was complaining or just making excuses!

All throughout January, and many months before although not as bad, there was a construction site in the commercial building attached to our flat. Without fail, each morning at 7am the hammering and drilling and every other industrial sound would begin and continue throughout the day, vibrating the whole house, until as late as 11pm. I don't know about you, but when I've been awake for 16 hours I'm just about ready to go back to sleep, not sit down and start getting artsy or entertaining for a video! Not to mention we had neighbours who didn't work and just spent their days and nights listening to loud music and beating the shit out of each other against the inside walls... I wish I was exaggerating. The police got involved many times but it never made a difference. And even though Brad and I work from home, since the flat couldn't be registered as a place of work, we couldn't make any complaints coming from that angle. Other problems included the flat being a gross mouldy cave with no heating or hot water but let's not go into that because it's embarrassing to admit I lived like that, haha! (It wasn't like that when we moved in. Don't worry.)
It became very clear to us that we had to get out of that place for the sake of our sanity and our work! After deciding that moving was the best option for us, we then had to work out how to get out of the contract for that flat. This took a bit of time and I ended up losing my deposit and having to pay some fees but we were finally free of that place, woo! Then the flat hunting began.
We decided around December time that the next time we moved we wanted to move to Brighton/Hove, so we decided to commit to that plan and make the jump, but even that came with some difficulties. Long story short, letting companies don't like people with unstable incomes which is all people who make a money online are. This is something I completely understand but it doesn't make it any less stressful. After having our applications rejected and our move out date quickly creeping up on us, we finally found someone willing to let to us... Two days before we had to move out! Packing up a whole house in ten boxes in an evening is not easy, let me tell you! Even if it is quite the experience. Luckily Brad's cousin had a van we could use so we didn't have to end up using some sketchy last minute moving service.
So that was my January. Then of course we moved and we didn't have any internet until last week so there was nothing I could do about that either so I decided to give myself a couple of weeks to settle in and get back into a routine before starting to focus all my attention on my channel again.
Even though I feel like I've let a lot of people down with not uploading and being absent from the internet for so long, I do feel like it's done me a lot of good mentally. I'm very lucky to have such a wonderful and inspiring little Pickles family on the internet, who I missed very much, but being disconnected and really being able to take a moment to think about my life and what I want to be doing and the direction I'm going has left me feeling incredibly inspired and motivated, which is a great feeling after having so many months feeling trapped and lost.

Without getting too soppy here because I do that plenty in the video, I am very grateful to have those of you reading this and those of you who watch my videos in my life. Thanks for sticking around, yo! I really appreciate it. ♥